Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Second Shift

I was tagged by American Girl, so I better comply. Plus my life consists of tax returns right now, which I'm sure none of you care to know about.

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people.


My book is "The Second Shift" by: Arlie Russell Hochschild

"Even if he couldn't be home, she wanted him to want to be. In the meantime, she felt oppressed by his dominating absence. Jessica did not adjust to Seth's absence from home in the way nineteenth-century wives adjusted to the absence of husbands who were fishermen and sailors, or the way twentieth-century wives adjust to the absence of husbands who are traveling salesmen."

If your reading this...and you write your own blog consider yourself tagged!

1 comment:

C travis said...

crap, I have been tagged!