On August 23rd I turned 30. No big deal...just another year right?
During the month of September...
My father-in-law gave us quite a scare when he had a heart attack. He had 2 stints put in and has made a couple of major life changes and is now doing well, which is a lot to be thankful for.
Nolan turned 31 on the 15th.
Seth attended his first Fresno State football game and tailgate. This is an annual event through my work and we had a great time. Seth stood on his own for the first time during the tailgate.
During October...
The three of us went to San Francisco. I had a three day CPE (Continuing Professional Education) class for work. We had a great time and we really enjoyed hanging out with all of my friends from work. Here we are at a great little Italian restaurant we found.
On October 6th we took part in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's annual Light the Night Walk. I formed a team at work and we were able to raise about $1300. I have multiple people in my life who have been stricken with this awful disease and it really felt good to do this in their honor. We even made a banner for our team...
10/28/07...First Steps!!! Seth is so proud of himself his face just lights up when he lets go of the couch and walks to me.
10/31/07...Seth's first Halloween. He was a fire-breathing dragon! This was my favorite picture.
During November Seth began dancing. He is so cute because music will come on and he will stop where he is and bob up and down. We can also say "dance baby" and he will put on a show for us, whether there is music or not.
11/22/07...Baby's first Thanksgiving. We did Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year. We had the full spread and everything turned out very nice. My timing was a little bit off, but not too bad for my first time hosting Thanksgiving.
December 5, 2007...Happy 1st Birthday, Seth!!!
We had a big shindig for Seth with a 49ers football theme. He loved having everyone at the house and he begged for food from anyone who would listen. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but we taught him the sign for 'more' and he will clap his hands at you to indicate that he wants something. He wasn't too interested in opening presents, but our 2-year-old neighbor was happy to do this for him. However, he knew exactly what to do with his cake. Check out the mess he made...
I can't believe my little boy is one already. Where did the year go?
And now for my big news, which most of you already know...
On December 18, 2007 I found out that I passed my fourth and final section of the CPA exam, which means I will now be able to put those three little letters behind my name. I have been taking this exam for almost two years now and it has caused me so much stress and heartache that I can't even begin to explain to you how relieved I am to be done with it and not have to study anymore. The exam is like the BAR for Lawyers and just to throw out some statistics..."according to the California Board of Accountancy, approximately 16,000 people take the exam annually, but only about 2,700 new CPA licenses are issued."
I hope every one of you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you the best in 2008!
2 comments:
Awesome update! I can work with you in the future to keep current. Congratulations on passing the CPA exam. I can already see the relief in your smile.
CT
I agree, great update. Way better than those Christmas newsletters. ;)
CONGRATS on the new letters by your name! That rocks!
Post a Comment